Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Blog


This is where our family got it's start! I suppose that for everyone their wedding day was surreal and euphoric, and I must say we were no different. I remember when we were driving away from the festivities we both looked at eachother with the perma-grins we'd been wearing all day and said, "man, my cheeks hurt so bad!". Who knew what adventures would be in store for us. Our first year of marriage consisted of my last year of university, I graduated with a BSc/BEd and it also marked the beginning of Brian's journey into the medical field. He decided that if he was going to go to University he might as well be what he wanted and that was a doctor, so now he is currently working hard getting his prerequisites and in a year or two who knows where we will be living so Brian can finish his schooling. We are so excited! Year two marked my first year of teaching which was coupled with the anticipation of a new member to our clan! We are so excited to be having our baby soon, we are due the end of June!
I began this blog because I figured while I wait for this darling baby to come I might as well start something worthwhile that I will be able to continue once the baby gets here. I wanted to be able to share our life with our family and friends and this seemed like a great way to do that. I am currently bored out of my mind when Brian is away at work, I try to stay busy but there is really only so many times a person can clean the house in a week, hahaha, and who wants to do it even once? I am occupying most of my freetime reading books (the Anne of Green Gable series). There is currently nothing noteworthy happening, but I wanted to begin this blog so that when noteworthy things happen I can share them. I hope that this will be a handy and exciting way to keep up to date on our little family!

5 comments:

the fellers said...

Ginny! I am so excited that you started a blog! I hope it is ok that I added you to my list of friends on our blog! I am excited for little Wyatt to come and play! I cant wait to see pics!
-Vinnie

sarah said...

Hey, Ginny, this is Sarah Kearl. I just wanted to say that I think you guys will be awesome parents. I know my boys just adore Brian. That's was one thing that impressed me was that the first thing he does is play with the kids. So cool.

the fellers said...

you are so funny....ok, to answer your questions, I found your blog by looking on facebook, it said you had updated your website...so that is one way you can find blogs, look on facebook and see if anyone has posted if they have a website or not...and also, I find blogs by blog surfing....so I just snoop around and see other peoples blogs and ones that I like...I acutally have made a couple of friends through blogs, and it is fun getting to know these ladies, even though I dont know them in person. Plus, there are a lot of fun blogs, look on my fun sites list, there are some good places to see deals and stuff for babies and kids...tutus and turtles, and baby cheapskate...they are fun. Anyway, as for how my blog is cute...I can not take credit for that at all. There is a link on my blog under "where I got the blog design" to SJH Blog Design, she is a blog genius and figured this all out, and I think they are way cute. I get all my cute paper from the other link under there called Shabby Princess, and I just download the freebies....it is kinda fun! I make my header and stuff on a program on my computer called Adobe Illustrator, but you can do it in photoshop too if you have it. Anyway, go to SJH Blog Design, and she has all her instructions there! Good luck, i cant wait to see what you come up with...Oh, and again, dont get discouraged. It took me like 400 tries (ok, not really 400) to get it right.

kelseyp said...

Hey Ginny! I just got your comment. I am pretty sure I got it like 30 seconds after you left it! Anyway I added you to my blog too. Congrats on the pregnancy!! You are so darling. I saw your pics on facebook. Good luck with the baby! I can't wait to see him! Wyatt is a darn cute name too by the way!

becca olsen said...

hey! Good to hear from you. My sister lives with your sister now and I was just asking her if she knew what you were up to. Where do you guys live? I'm looking forward to your blog! I'm not too great at updating mine, but at least now I have Bentley to post pictures of! Well take care!